Despite Animal Aid’s investigations showing widespread breaches of welfare laws inside slaughterhouses; despite the scandal of horse meat being found in burgers; despite 73 per cent of the public wanting the government to make CCTV mandatory, Defra has said that slaughterhouse operators themselves are ‘best placed’ to decide how they should be regulated.
- Ask your MP to sign EDM 951 on CCTV. Find your MP’s email address
- Email Defra to explain why CCTV must be made mandatory
- Order campaign postcards to send to your MP and to the government/Welsh Assembly/Scottish Executive/Northern Ireland Executive
- CCTV cameras locate hundreds of missing people in North Devon (northdevongazette.co.uk)
- Top News: Cuts to abattoir meat checks ‚will be the next food scandal‘ (guardian.co.uk)
- VICTORY: „MAKE CCTV MANDATORY for SLAUGHTERHOUSES“ says the Britsh Public! (spiritandanimal.wordpress.com)
- VICTORY: „MAKE CCTV MANDATORY for SLAUGHTERHOUSES“ says the Britsh Public! (schweingehabt.wordpress.com)